March

Following my divorce I have suddenly discovered my true medium – writing. All of a sudden short stories began to immerge. It is easy to write poetry when you are in love, but it takes a bit more then rhyme to reflect on your life. I was hiding the pain, behind fictional characters with common names, and putting out bitter divorce stories. Some of them appealed to a number of people and I began to see a profile in my readers. I have noticed that my audience is comprised largely of people on the rebound as they say. I noticed a certain negative and depressing tendencies among them, and decided to fight them. I chose denial and destruction as my course of action. I didn’t want to become a “Johnny one note” and started working on children’s literature. I gave up on “on line dating” convinced that nothing good can ever come of it. And I concentrated on weight loss and personal health.

So, here I am. Almost 20lb lighter since the day I finalized my diverse, I have a frame work and a few good chapters in my novel. The heroine is six years old, but the book might end up to be for grown ups after all. And the depression usually associated with divorce is totally gone, but….

Luckily enough the personal profiles were not turned off, but rather simply forgotten. And strangely enough one of them worked exactly when I wasn’t looking. I am absolutely convinced now that no effort is the one and only way to find love. So, I am breaking my word, and returning from the fairy land from time to time now, in order to smell the roses here in real life.

In the past two months I have met a few people, who upon reading some of my work were willing to share their sob stories with me. A few new friends and close colleagues have declared me a strong individual. And now I am back to writing short stories about relationships. Many of them are about divorce again, but unlike before they are funny and they have a look at male point of view. I have seen things lately that put my life and my passed mistakes in perspective and shed light on many aspects of human character for me. I hope to share my findings in literary form in the near future. And I thank my new found muse for every word I have put down on paper in the past two months, as well as for the works yet to come. (You know who you are.)

Comments