08.08.08

NTV America:
“Genocide in Ossetia” !
RTV International:
“Ethnic Cleansing in Abkhazia”!
BBC, CNN:
“Change of Regime”!
Rambler.ru, MSN;
“Sabotage of Beijing”!

Day and night in a trance
I flip channels and think:
Cynics Stop! The last chance
Slips away in a blink.
Sukhumians by nationality,
We live all over the globe,
Looking at this amorality
From the far with no hope.

In exchange for oil, or flattery
Who “gave matches to a boy”?
Out of habit or stupidity
What do “Kremlin’s puppets” ploy?
My Abkhazian in laws -
Fortune-tell on coffee grains,
But, in my cup I see no
Caucasian friendship of the past.

For the hills without gun fire
I drink with my Georgian Friend.
Hvanchkara- the famous wine
Of our old and fair land.
In my Synagogue on Friday
For “Mourner’s Kaddish” I stood up
For Kolia, Dima, Slava, Sergey,
Badri, Shalva, Gogi, and Zurab.

For the Russian version of this poem, please visit http://sukhumchaika.8m.net/index_files/Georgia.htm

Comments